Saturday, April 01, 2006

 

Coldplay to write song for David Cameron

In a coup for the Conservatives, the lead singer of Coldplay, Chris Martin, has declared his backing for David Cameron, releasing a song that the party hopes will become the Tory answer to Labour's 1997 anthem, Things Can Only Get Better Mr Cameron hopes more British bands will follow where Coldplay has led the way, creating a Tory version of the socialist bands-for-Labour movement organised by Billy Bragg in the early 1990s. "I'm calling it Blue Wedge," he said. "Blue is back. I want all the top bands out there, from the Attic Monkeys to the Kaiser Chefs, to know they're welcome. There's absolutely nothing about my policies which anyone could object to." You can hear the track here, and the lyrics to the song here. I'm not supprised about this, with Cameron trying to present a new modern face for the Tories, who are, let us not forget the political equivalent of Coldplay fans. *edit* I've moved this to the day the story came out, as I was a little too late...
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?